Namaste crafters! 🙂
Devika Gujral here, l Creative Designer @craftyscrappers
Hope you all had a wonderful Durga Puja and a fun filled Diwali!
Today I am at Craftyscrappers blog with a mixed media T-light holder dedicated to Maa Durga as inspiration for our ongoing challenge…
But before I start, let me tell you our challenge for the months of OCTOBER-NOVEMBER is ongoing,
if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
You can create Cards, layouts, a journal page, Canvases, interactive/3D cards, mixed media, altered art …anything crafty,
With “Diwali”or “Dussehera” Theme in it.
Don’t forget to add the touch of DAZZLE,SPRAKLE & SHINE to your project.
Keep in mind, Craftyscrappers products as focus.
Last date of submission is 30 NOVEMBER 2018
so to create my T-light holder i have used the following supplies:
@craftyscrappers STAMP SET: DURGA PUJA
This stamp set is beautifully illustrated by Pritusha mam and has all the festive elements that you need to create a fun and unique durga puja project.
You might be thinking if this stamp can only be used for card making, but honestly this stamp set has so many beautiful elements that helps you create stunning mixed media projects as well.im in love with the stamp set and have so many ideas in which i can use this, i will be sharing more projects soon 🙂
CREATE-A-SCENE (SPIRAL BURST) STENCIL
and CHALKPAINTS- Hazy Cucumber, Surfing Bay and Icy Marine
Here is my T-LIGHT HOLDER
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- Prime the mdf base with 2 thin layers of gesso.
- Paint the surface starting with Hazy Cucumber Chalk paint at the top, Surfing Bay chalk paint in the middle and Icy Marine chalk paint at the bottom with a sponge dabber.
These chalk paints have a very nice consistency and easy to apply.
- Stamp the images from the Durga Stamp set with Black archival ink, colour it with distress inks and fussy cut the images.
- Using the Spiral burst stencil, apply the Chocolate Shimmer paste through it.
- Foam mount the Durga image in the middle of the stencil.
- Stick the other coloured images on the opposite sides of the tlight holder with double adhesive tape.
- Stamp the sentiments on the fourth side of the holder and also on the top using the Black archival ink.
- Seal the project with a layer of varnish and the pretty tlight holder is ready to be added in your Puja room 🙂
So That’s all from my end today.I hope you like this easy to create festive MIXED MEDIA T-LIGHT HOLDER
Do leave some love and feedback below and I will be back soon for more inspirations!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge26 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Thanks for stopping by.