Hello My Crafty Friends,
This is Archana here, Creative designer @craftyscrappers, Hope you guys are doing great, and having lots of fun during the festive month.As promised I am back with another mixed media project for you all,and today i will be showing you how to recycle cardboard rolls and make a pretty mixed media art.
I also have a start to finish video tutorial for you, demonstrating how i created this.
To create my projects i have used the following supplies from @craftyscrappers
STAMP SET- INSPIRE
CHALKPAINT- HAZEY CUCUMBER
SHIMMER PASTE- PUMPKIN
SHIMMER SPRAY- DANCING PEACOCK
other than these i have also used metal charms, some of my handmade art stones, thread and micro beads.
But before I start, let me tell you our challenge for the months of OCTOBER-NOVEMBER is ongoing,
if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
You can create Cards, layouts, a journal page, Canvases, interactive/3D cards, mixed media, altered art …anything crafty,
With “Diwali”or “Dussehera” Theme in it.
Don’t forget to add the touch of DAZZLE,SPRAKLE & SHINE to your project.
Keep in mind, Craftyscrappers products as focus.
Last date of submission is 30 NOVEMBER 2018
So here is my MIXED MEDIA RECYCLED CARDBOARD ROLLS
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- I took three small size cardboard roll and glue them together.
- Next I added cotton cloth using PVA glue, To create more texture on the surface I also added some thread.
- After it dries completely, I glue down some jewelry pieces, and to put everything together I glue down some art stones and micro beads.
- To prime the project I decided to use chalk paint instead of gesso… the shade I used here is called hazy cucumber. ( I just love the way chalk paint gives colored matt finish and at the same time primes the surface nicely and smoothly )
- To give little bit of depth around the object I used shimmer spray “Dancing Peacock” from craftyscrappers.
- Next for focal point I added chipboard cutout… here I used fairy and covered this cutout using Craftyscrappers shimmer paste “Sweet Pumpkin” and then glue down that chipboard cutout on to the project.
- To finish the project I used sentiment from stamp set called “Inspire”.
- I highlighted project with gesso using dry brush technique.
Check out my complete video tutorial here:
So That’s all from my end today.I hope you like this easy to create MIXED MEDIA RECYCLED CARDBOARD ROLLS.
Do leave some love and feedback below and I will be back soon for more inspirations!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge26 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Thanks for stopping by.