This is Mugdha here, Creative Designer @craftyscrappers and Today i am up with three cards which i made using Craftyscrappers chalk paints..We always use chalk paints in mix media and home decor but i wanted to use them in making simple cards, so i tried to create pretty backgrounds for my simple cards using them..I used three different techniques to make all the three cards..I also have video tutorial for these cards,you can check it out at our youtube channel.
But before I start, let me tell you our challenge for the month of SEPTEMBER is ongoing, if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
So join the fun to win amazing prizes from us!!!
Here is a look at the three cards that i created:
a little bit about @craftyscrappers chalkpaints and how to use them:
Craftyscrappers Matt-finish, acrylic chalk paints are ideal for mixed media projects and home-decor.
The consistency of these Chalk paints are perfect to use with brushes, rollers and sponges to create textures.
- Comes in a 120ml bottles
- an be used on wood, glass, paper, metal and many other materials.
- Comes in 16 gorgeous colors to chose from and you can mix these together to create ombre looks.
HOW TO USE:
- Surface should be clean,and dry and free from dust,wax,moisture and grease.
The surface Can also be sanded and wiped clean before application.
For the base coat, apply one layer of the chalk paint, Let it dry and re-apply again to achieve desired results.
- These paints can be diluted /thinned down to a volume with clean with soft water.
You can dilute 10% to 20% of paint using water to reduce brush marks.
- Apply multiple layers and spot sand it to give a distressed vintage look to your art project, wall surface or furniture.
- Can be used on wood, glass, paper, metal and many other materials.
CARD#1: FLORAL AND TEXTURED CHALKPAINT CARD
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- I used craftyscrappers mirror stamp and creamy banana chalkpaint to create the background of this card,
- I took out few drops of chalkpaint on mirror stamp and spreaded it using paint brush and then i stamped it on white cardstock.
- I let the paint dry and stamped beautiful flowers from craftyscrappers hello sunshine stampset on chalk paint background.
- I stamped the sentiment from same stampset and tadaa my card is ready!!
CARD#2: CHALKPAINT TEXTURE CARD
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- I used two chalk paints in this card lyrical birdie and creamy banana,
- I took out few drops of lyrical birdie chalk paint on acrylic block and spreaded it using paintbrush and put the acrylic block with paint side down on a white cardstock,
- then i took few drops of creamy banana chalk paint and repeated the same procedure.
- I mounted the entire panel on blue cardstock first and then on white cardstock.
- I used die cut love as my sentiment!!
- For this card i used hazey cucumber and greasy charcoal chalk paintsand sponge daubers..
- I took out few drops of both the paints in a palette and by using daubers i dabbed the paints on white cardstock.
- I mounted the entire panel on green cardstock first and then on black cardstock,
- I used die cut smile as my sentiment!!
i also have step-by-step video tutorial demonstrating how i created my chalkpaint background cards, check them out here…
So That’s all from my end today.I hope you like thisTEXTURED CHALKPAINT CARDS
Do leave some love and feedback below and I will be back soon for more inspirations!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge25 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Thanks for stopping by.