This is Anila and I am here today on Craftyscrappers blog with a video tutorial sharing the process of making a card using the New releases for the month of March.
Before moving on with my inspirations, let me share with you my
MARCH DT KIT’2018 that i received:
In my March DT kit, I received some really awesome and one of a kind stamps and stencils, which can be used in different ways to create stunninmgstunning and one of a kind results, i’ll be sharing all my dt kit products with ,my creations in the coming posts, so be sure not to miss it.
Okay so lets look at the cards that for the video tutorial now:
So to create my Cards I am using the
“Clouds and waves“
This stencil is a fun stencil, and it will help you to create a lot of background scenes for your sea-critters cards or just patterned background for other craft projects.
The size is just perfect!
and along with this stencils, i will also be using
the “You are rare” stamp set.
This stamp set features original hand drawn artwork and an assortment of fun phrases to make cute,fun and girly cards for your kids, and friends.It has the magical touch of sea, along a beautiful mermaid which definitely will invoke your magical moments.
CARD# 1: YOU ARE SO MERMAZING.
(SPRITZING and MASKING TECHNIQUE)
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- I took a 4×6 top folding card base.
- Using some scrap papers I masked off the top and the bottom portion leaving the middle part open for distressing.
- Using Peacock feathers and Cracked Pistachio distress oxides, I created the ocean effect on the card.
- I took the “Clouds-n-waves stencil” , spritzed it with water and placed it on the distressed part.
- Dabbed the excess water using a paper towel.
- Gently, peel off the stencil.
- The part of the stencil with water lightens the distressed color leaving behind wave effect.
- Let it dry.
- Stamped the cute images, the mermaid and the mystical whale from the stamp set, “You are so rare” and colored them with zig markers and fussy cut them all.
- I trimmed 2 pieces of white card stock of the same size as the white parts on the card.
- Foam mounted the white pieces on the card, after adhering the Whale image on the card and stamping the fishes using distress oxide.
- Adhered the Mermaid image on top of the layers with foam adhesive supporting it from below.
- Lastly, stamped the sentiment,from the same stamp set to complete the card.
CARD# 2: SWIMMING BY TO SAY HI
(COLOR LIFTING TECHNIQUE)
So i went ahead and made one more card in the same design with some minor changes.
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- I distressed the card base using the Distress oxides.
- For this card, I placed the stencil on the distressed part and using a baby wipe, lifted the color through the waves stencil.
- Next, stamped the fishes in Archival ink.
- Stamped the images, colored with zig markers and fussy cut them.
- I trimmed the white pieces, but this time before mounting it with foam adhesive, I adhered a piece of acetate on them to create a see-through.
- Adhered the whale image on the card and stamped other details.
- Later, mounted the two white pieces, stamped the sentiment and adhered the Mermaid image on the card.
So be sure to check to check out my video tutorial that i will be sharing tomorrow and I will be back soon for more inspirations!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge21 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Have a fabulous Day!