Hello My Crafty Friends,
This is Archana here, Creative designer @craftyscrappers, Hope you guys are doing great, and having lots of fun during the festive month.As promised I am back with another mixed media project for you all, So without wasting time lets jump into the challenge inspiration that i have created.
So to create my festive mixed media tag, i have used the following supplies from @craftyscrappers.
This stamp set is beautifully illustrated by Pritusha mam and has all the festive elements that you need to create a fun and unique durga puja project.
You might be thinking if this stamp can only be used for card making, but honestly this stamp set has so many beautiful elements that helps you create stunning mixed media projects as well.im in love with the stamp set and have so many ideas in which i can use this, i will be sharing more projects soon 🙂
Shimmer pastes where the first mixed media products launched in India by our favorite craft store- @craftyscrappers and its a must have!!!
The shimmer pastes does not just give texture to your projects but also comes in fabulous colors and are super glittery. The effect that these pastes gives is just out of the world,
and yes, im in love with them too… my stash have been filled with shimmer pastes 🙂
and the more i use them, the more i fall in love with them ❤
Lets talk about @craftyscrappers stencils, they always bring unique and versatile products that are economical and can be used in a variety of craft projects, and the stencils are one of them aswell.
the quality is above awesome so as the designs, you can check their entire collection and i am sure you will find something that will fit your need 🙂
they have it all.,.. think about everyday stencils-they have it… festive stencil-they have it and they also recently came up with 3d stencils… all in one place.
@craftyscrappers has always been one of my favorite craft stores in india and im so proud to be in their creative team 🙂 ❤
To create the background i have used the fabulous shimmer spray-RUSTY DENIM, that leaves “the awesome ” expression after use.
if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
You can create Cards, layouts, a journal page, Canvases, interactive/3D cards, mixed media, altered art …anything crafty,
With “Diwali”or “Dussehera” Theme in it.
Don’t forget to add the touch of DAZZLE,SPRAKLE & SHINE to your project.
Keep in mind, Craftyscrappers products as focus.
Last date of submission is 30 NOVEMBER 2018
So this is my FESTIVE MIXED MEDIA TAG
Love the effect the shimmer pastes gave, its just awesome!!!
simple but elegant look, isnt it.
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- I took blank white cardstock and colored it using shimmer spray called “Rusty Denim”.
- Next I cut down that cardstock into pieces and stick it on tag.
- To give depth to the collage I added little bit of black paint around the edges and to add shimmer or sparkle I also used fun foil-glitzy gold randomly.
- Next I created texture using stencil called “Rangoli” and shimmer paste called “Salmon”
- and I also spread same shimmer paste using fingers.Once the shimmer paints dries completely I glued down fiber rings (Circles) on the tag.
- On a watercolor paper I stamped image from stamp set called “Durga Puja” and colored it using diluted acrylic paint,
- Next I fussy the stamped image and placed it on tag.
- I also stamped sentiment from the same stamp set and stick it on tag,
- To finish the project I glued some stones on a tag.
Here are some close-ups:
Do leave some love and feedback below and I will be back soon for more inspirations!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge26 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Thanks for stopping by.