It’s me Vinita Today!As you all know Craftscrappers is celebrating its 5th Birthday, so I have two cheerful cards to share with you today, featuring the adorable Enjoy the Ride Stamp set and Simple Numbers stamp set. I had so much fun playing with these adorable hedgehogs. They are just perfect for cute designs and happy scenes, don’t you think?
And I hope you’ll enjoy!
But before i begin, Im sure, you all are pretty excited about Craftyscrappers 5th birthday bash where they have amazing giveaways(check the challenge post for details!)
and also a craft challenges, which is ongoing for this fabulous month of APRIL…
- Last date of submission is 30th APRIL,2018
To win the amazing goodie bags !
So Join me in wishing Craftyscrappers a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY
and many more successes in the coming future!!!
Back to my creation now..
So here are my cards depicting the challenge theme!
For both of my cards, i have used Craftyscrappers stamp sets,
DOODLY BLOOMS stamp set
along with CREATE-A-SCENE(SUNBURST) stencil.
CARD#1: HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY
(EMBOSSED STAMP BACKGROUND CREATION TECHNIQUE)
- Stamped the big numbers from the Simple Numbers stamp set from Craftyscrappers on a Premium White CS with Versamark using Wow opaque bright white EP and heat embossed it.
- I placed a curved border element from Create-a-scene(Sunburst stencil ) at the bottom and Used 2 similar shades of DI Stormy sky and broken china to create the background and at the bottom now removed the stencil and applied Crushed olive DI.
- I flicked some water using my fingers as I wanted big splotches, dabbed off the excess water with paper towel.
- Now I stamped the adorable hedgehog from Enjoy the Ride stamp set from CS and a trunk from the same stamp set in jet black archival ink on a watercolor sheet and colored it with using Copic markers and add detailing using a white gel pen.
- Fussy cut them, applied black marker at the edges after cutting.
- Now created my foreground at the bottom by stamping some grass and mushrooms using same stamp set.
- Watercolored them using ZIG brushes.
- Stamped and cut the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Doodly Blooms stamp set.
- Stamped the number 5th from the same set and the balloon from Hippo Wishes to You stamp set and colored them too, fussy cut them.
- At the end created the whole birthday scene using pop dots and finished it off with some light blue color sequins from CS and added some shine using crystal stickles.
CARD#2: SENDING HAPPY THOUGHTS
(CRISP STAMPING/COLORING TECHNIQUE)
- For this card, I started with two cute hedgehog images, bicycle( 2 times and heat embossed it with clear EP for shine) and some sunflowers from Enjoy the Ride stamp set.
- Stamped all the images on a watercolored sheet. Coloured them using Copic markers and Zig brushes.
- Fussy cut all the images.
- Now I separated the wheels from one of the bicycle images and attached the wheels through brads on another fussy cut part.
- Now the fun part, it is moving!!! Showcasing in a video clip.(CHECK AT THE END)
- On a strip of black CS, stamped the sentiment from the same set and a bird from the Hippo wishes to you stamp set and heat embossed using Opaque Bright white EP.
- I used my leftovers from the last card to create my bottom ground.
- On a white curved border stamped another sentiment from the same set.
- Using pop dots created the whole fun scene on a light green Pattern paper from my stash!
- And added some crystal stickles for shine at the flowers centre and placed all the layers on a white CS.
Heres a close-up of both the cards:
Check out the video clip showing the moving wheel in my card:
I will be back soon with some more inspiration…
And do join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge22 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Have a fabulous Day!