Hello!! My Arty and Crafty Friends,
This is DT Archana here, on the blog today to share with you, mixed media altered bottle using Craftyscrappers Chalk paints, stencils and the fabulous shimmer pastes.
I have a start-to-finish video tutorial for you guys, so be sure to check it out to learn to create amazing mixed media altered arts yourself!
if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
You can create Cards, layouts, a journal page, Canvases, interactive/3D cards,
mixed media, altered art…anything crafty,With the FESTIVAL COLORS in it!
(Don’t forget to add the touch of GOLD or SILVER to your creations!)
But keep in mind, Craftyscrappers products as focus.
- Last date of submission is 31st MARCH,2018
To win the amazing goodie bags !
Okay so moving on to my tutorial now…
To create my altered bottle, i have used Craftyscrappers Stencil:
Along with the amazing Chalk paints:
And to add the touch of beauty to my project, I have used the super fab, Craftyscrappers Shimmer pastes:
Here is the final shot of the project which we are going to create today:
some more close-ups:
- I took empty deodorant bottle, glued bottle cap so that it won’t get opened and applied “Greasy Charcoal” chalk paint using palette knife.
(Using palette knife to apply paint is one of my favorite way to create texture).
- I wrapped stencil called “Geometrical patterns” around the bottle and secure the stencil edges using masking tape.
- I used Craftyscrappers shimmer paste “Jet” to create texture through stencil and also applied this paste on empty spaces of bottle just to put everything together.
- Glued down metal leaves and wrapped thread around the bottle cap & also added metal handle.
- Covered these added embellishment using “Greasy charcoal” chalk paint and added “Jet” shimmer paste.
- After it dries I highlighted this bottle using Gesso,
(Best way to pop out the elements which added in project).
- Finally seal this bottle using Fixative spray.
And Taaaa-Daaaaaaa!!! There you go, we finished this beautiful piece… Give it a try, and if tried don’t forget to tag us in your projects using #Inspired By Craftyscrappers.
- Craftyscrappers Stencils:
- Craftyscrappers Shimmer pastes:
- Craftyscrappers Chalk paints:
- Empty deodorant bottle
- metal charms
Here’s the start to finish Video:
Do check out our previous blog posts for more inspiration and ideas.
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge21 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Have a fabulous Day!