Hello My Crafty Friends…
Its me Arpita, creative designer @craftyscrappers
Hope you all had a great Diwali.Today I am back on the craftyscrappers blog with a project inspired by our current theme Dusherra and Diwali.
Hope you all like this Diya platter I have made…
To create my project, i have used @craftyscrappers
STAMP SET –YOU ARE AMAZING
chalk paint: CREAMY BANANA
And Dazzle texture paste- GRASS
And shaker elements- Flirty Espresso
But before I start, let me tell you our challenge for the months of OCTOBER-NOVEMBER is ongoing,
if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
You can create Cards, layouts, a journal page, Canvases, interactive/3D cards, mixed media, altered art …anything crafty,
With “Diwali”or “Dussehera” Theme in it.
Don’t forget to add the touch of DAZZLE,SPRAKLE & SHINE to your project.
Keep in mind, Craftyscrappers products as focus.
Last date of submission is 30 NOVEMBER 2018
- I choose this beautiful mdf cut out as a base for my platter,painted the base with creamy banana chalk paint and also painted a circular mdf piece which would be my base to hold the candle.
- I applied the Dazzle texture paste- Grass randomly and as paste was still wet I sprinkled fine gold glitter .
- Once this was dry I did dry brushing using brown acrylic paint.
- Stamped the flower and the leaf image from the You Are Amazing stamp set to make my elements.
- Coloured my stamped images with Bronze and Peacock Feathers Shimmer paints and then fussy cut them.
- Final step was to stick all my flowers,resin embelishments, fussy cut flowers and leaves and some Flirty Espresso shaker elements.
Here’s how it looks, once illuminated:
So That’s all from my end today.I hope you like this easy to create festive Diwali Toran/Bunting
Do leave some love and feedback below and I will be back soon for more inspirations!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge26 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Thanks for stopping by.