Hello my Arty and crafty friends,
This is Archana Here, Creative designer @craftyscrappers and i Hope you all are doing great, today I come up with another mixed media project for you, where i will be showing you how you can create a mixed media art journal.
all using Craftyscrappers amazing shimmer sprays and stamp set called
“A walk to remember”
This is such a beautiful stamp set, that when i first received it i couldn’t get my eyes off it.
The quality of Craftyscrappers stamps are superb and so as their designs.
Each month they come up with such beautiful variation, whether it be their critters stamp collection or amazingly designed background and border stamp sets or basic themed and mixed media stamp sets, they have it all and are still increasing the number.
the best thing is that, these designs are hand drawn and hand lettered by our indian artists/illustrators and are manufactured right here in india 🙂 Craftyscrappers not only provide stamp sets at an economical price but all their products are at economic price range.
They put forward so much effort and mind in bringing the best in the crafting world,
keeping in mind the various needs of the crafters and their affordability.
I have also used craftyscrappers gorgeous stencil,
I just love this “Rangoli stencil” These beautiful and high quality stencils,will help you to create amazing backgrounds
or highlights on your projects.These stencils comes in a trendy package of 8x8inches and have a 6.5×6.5INCH in size,
working area which makes it easier for you to twist and turn the stencils according to your work surface.
And the most incredible thing about them is, they are pocket friendly.
And craftyscrappers, the most versatile shimmer sprays
Craftyscrappers Shimmer Sprays are high quality dyes based, acid-free, non-toxic concentrated colorant for porous surfaces.
The shimmer in these sprays adds the touch of beauty to your craft projects. These are water-based sprays.
INSTRUCTION TO USE:
- Remove the inner seal, Assemble the Spray pumps to the Shimmer sprays bottle firmly.
- Shake the shimmer spray bottle horizontally before spraying to avoid nozzle clogging.
- Spray gently to the desired area,
- Put the cap back on and keep aside after use.
- Craftyscrappers Shimmer sprays bright and vibrant palette will colorize paper, Sticky Back Canvas, wood, paper, clay and more.
- You can use these directly or you can even mist them with water to lighten the colour or mix-match the colors to make your own variations.
- Can be used to create backgrounds on cards, scrapbooks, journal pages, and in mixed media art as well as home decor projects.
But before I start, let me tell you our challenge for the month of JULY is ongoing,
if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
You can create Cards, layouts, a journal page, Canvases, interactive/3D cards,
mixed media, altered art…anything crafty,
With the MIRROR IMAGE STAMPING technique in it!
But keep in mind, Craftyscrappers products as focus.
- Last date of submission is 31ST JULY,2018
To win the amazing goodie bags !
So here’s my Finished project
List of Supplies:
A Brief tutorial
- On a blank page I created texture using stencil called “RANGOLI” randomly
- I created horizon line using black acrylic paint in the middle of page so that it will be easier to have reflected image. I also created horizontal and vertical lines using palate knife to give abstract look to whole page.
- I sprayed the amazing and sparkly having different shades of Shimmer sprays, starting from edges of page I used “Muddy pool” And on horizon lines used “Rusty denim”, “Ocean waves”, “Sweet sunshine”, “Dancing peacock” I sprayed vertically.
- Next I stamp the image from stamp set called “A walk to remember” and colored it using diluted acrylic paints, you can use watercolors or markers or any medium that you are comfortable with.
- Now the fun part, I stamped the same image on Mirror stamp set and used that stamp set on page to have mirror image, I didn’t stamp exact whole image because I wanted to have that image incomplete and to blend in the background and have abstract look to it.
- To finish the page I Added Butterfly and beautiful quote from the same stamp set and distress the edges of page using black ink pad.
So That’s all from my end today.Hope you guys have enjoyed this MIXED MEDIA ART JOURNAL and its process of making as much I enjoyed creating, If you try this project, then do tag us (#Craftyscrappers) on your social medias so that we can have a look too….. Don’t forget to grab new release products on our store with a launch sale discount.
Do leave some love and feedback below and I will be back soon for more inspirations and fun and easy craft tutorials!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge23 to qualify for submission,
(failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Thanks for stopping by and have a fun filled day!!!