and it’s an honor for me to be a guest designer for craftyscrappers for this month of December.
Craftyscrappers Channel has so many craft videos,which were so inspiring and educational.
Each video has a new idea, a different technique to showcase.
Not to mention, their products. Craftyscrappers is the first company here in India to bring so many versatile crafting products at a pocket friendly cost,
whether they are clear craft stamps, mixed media tools such as shimmer pastes,stencils or shimeer sprays… or scrabooking supplies such as Pattern papers,Die cuts, dies,ribbons, flowers,charms..ets.. they have it all.. and that too are priced economically, keeping in mind crafters need and their capacity to afford those products to create stunning creations.
I have been so impressed by Craftyscrappers products and the videos, that from last three months , I have taken crafts seriously… Not only that, they have a superb Design team, who are so talented in their fields… and their Craft videos/tutorials are so very inspirational and motivating… that has motivated me to come up with new crafty ideas and give life to my creations.
for being the best,
for bringing crafting to a whole new level, for providing versatile and beautiful products in India at an economical rate so that all crafters, whether beginner or experienced can afford and enjoy them with out any hindrance and most importantly, For showcasing crafters handwork and talent with the world.
who is an established graphic artist in India.
Craftyscrappers has given a new meaning to the fairytales themes and these designs are the first ones to surface in india, which makes me so very proud.
All of craftyscrappers stamp sets are available in 3 different sizes, keeping in mind the crafters need.
They are available in 4x4inch stamp set size which is perfect for making your own handmade embellishments for craft projects.
The 5x5inch stamp set size is the medium size, used in making A3 cards,envelopes and layouts, and its is the size that i have used to create my make today.
And the 6x6inch Stamp set size, which is the jumbo stamp set size,used for making bigger projects like,using in 8 or 12inch scrapbook layouts,mixed media etc.
Along with Craftyscrappers versatile stencil, ” Victorian”.
or highlights on your projects.
These stencils comes in a trendy package and are 6.5×6.5INCH in size,
which makes it easier for you to twist and turn the stencils according to your work surface.You can also customised the size of your stencils with Craftyscrappers, they have a wide range of mini stencils too…
And the most incredible thing about them is, they are pocket friendly.
Check them out at the store: Craftyscrappers store
use stencils with these shimmer paste and create beautiful sparkling details and add the touch of beauty to any card, scrapbook or mixed media.
Can be used on paper, cardboard,chipboard,acetate, wood, glass,mdf,fabric and even on layered stencils.
They are also available in 16 amazing coloring sets, here’s a glimpse of that:
And last but not the least, to add the special touch of shimmer to my creation, i have also added Craftyscrappers Shimmer tape,” Rainbow“
These shimmer tapes are used for packaging, crafts, and decor!
They have a nice feel and are very easy to use.
These shimmer tapes can be re-used since they are removable and re-positionable.
Lots of colors and styles are available at the craftyscrappers shop to – get creative – and to use them in your craft projects.
Our challenge for this month of DECEMBER is ongoing.
If you missed our previous post,check it out here…
You can create any project using embossing technique.
This embossing can be in any form,wet or dry,on stamps,through stencils or pastes.
it can be a layout, a journal page, a simple card, interactive cards,
mixed media canvas or project, altered art, anything crafty!
- Last date of submission is 31st DECEMBER,2017
To win An amazing goodie bag of rs1500/-
From our store, http://www.craftyscrappers.in
(Coupon code will be generated to the winner.)
So this is my completed EASEL CARD:
An easel card is another fun alternative to the ordinary fold.
It has a built-in easel, so artwork stands beautifully on display. As an added bonus, the card lies flat for ease in mailing.
Here i will show you how you can create a Square easel card, but keeping the measurements in mind, you can create an easel card in any size that you like.
A BRIEF TUTORIAL:
- Cut one piece of card stock to 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ and one piece to 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″. The larger piece will serve as the base and the square will become the front.
- The basic formula for an easel card is to divide the length of your base by two and score. (This is the mid-point.) Next, divide one side by two and score. (This is the three-quarters point.)
Place 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ block of card stock on scoring table horizontally. Score at 4 1/4″ and 6 3/8″.
- Fold along score lines creating a mountain fold at the 4 1/4″ mark and a valley fold at the 6 3/8″ mark.
- Flip card stock so that the largest panel is face down and the two smaller panels create a mountain fold. Apply double-sided tape to the outer panel.
- Turn card stock so that adhesive is at the top and remove liner from tape. Adhere 4 1/4″ square to top of base, aligning top and side edges.
- Decorate as desired. (I used “you are so enchanting” stamp set and Stencil, ” Victorian” with the “Shimmer paste-Splash” for this.
Be sure to include a border strip,paper embellishment or Shimmer tape like i have used here, which is Craftyscrappers Shimmer tape,” Rainbow” near the bottom edge of the base (i.e. the rainbow strip as can be seen above) as this will help hold the card open for display. The deeper you adhere the “stop,” the taller your card will stand.
- Then i created the origami air balloon using some scrap paper from my stash.
- Colored and fuzzy cut the stamp set, you are so enchanting’ and adhered it to the balloon carriage.
- Added some mulberry flowers from the store, and the card was ready.
Sharing some Close-ups:
I would also like to share some other variations/measurements to make Easel cards:
#1) MEASUREMENTS TO CREATE A STANDARD A2 SIZE VERTICAL EASEL CARD
- Cut card stock pieces to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Score 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece at 5 1/2″ and 8 1/4″. Fold along score lines.
- Adhere double-sided tape to top folded edge. Remove liner from tape.
- Adhere front panel to base, aligning top and side edges. Pull forward to stand in easel position.
#2)MEASUREMENTS TO CREATE A ROUND EASEL CARD
- Cut one piece of card stock a little wider than your circle die and a little longer than twice the width. This will serve as the base. Score down the center and fold. Cut a second piece of card stock slightly larger than your circle die. This will become the front.
- Using removable tape, adhere circle die to folded card stock with die edge just above the fold line. Die-cut with die-cutting machine to create folded circle base. Die-cut front circle shape as well.
- Open folded circle. Fold top circle in half in opposite direction from center fold line. Apply double-sided tape to top half above fold.
- Remove tape liner and adhere front circle, aligning all edges. Pull top circle forward into easel shape.
Do leave some love and feedback below.
Don’t forget to join our craft challenges (details at beginning of the post)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)
or via facebook, instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over social media
via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge18 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so entry will be disqualified.)