Hello My Crafty Friends…
This is one of my favorite theme where you are given the privilege of using tons of different mediums to work with, like embossing both dry and wet, different kinds of poastes such as shimmer pastes, dazzle texture pastes,modelling pastes and what not’s to give dimension to your artwork.
So have you checked the newly launched floral stamps from @craftyscrappers ,they are gorgeous in both designs and sentiments that come along the stamp sets,
and I will be using one of the stamps from their newly launched stamps today to create me ,mixed media altered hoop.
But before I start, let me tell you our challenge for the month of SEPTEMBER is ongoing, if you have missed the previous post check it out here:
So join the fun to win amazing prizes from us!!!
To create my altered mixed media hoop i have used @craftyscrappers beautiful stamp set,
SHIMMER SPRAY-TICKLED CHEEKS
and the fabulous chalk paint-Creamy banana
I also add a bit of shimmer paste-Splash
to add the shimmer to my creation.
The shimmer pastes are just wow!!! These are the first ones to be launched in India by @craftyscrappers and they are just so awesome to use. Not to mention, they come in 16 beautiful colors to chose from and are pocket friendly.
i just love the effect it gives to any project you are making!
I started this project with a complete different idea but the end result turned to be this.
I completely loved the effect and the way it turned out.
so here is my complete MIXED MEDIA ALTERED HOOP
- I covered the hoop with a lace trim,to add texture stuck some texture stones and texture sand.then applied a thin coat of gesso.
- To add color i have used shimmer paints butter chocolate, fresh pearandposy flamingo and creamy banana chalk paint.
- To add a little more interest mixed some art stones withSplash shimmer paste and applied the mix randomly.
- To highlight some areas did some dry brushing with white gesso.
- used theYou Are Amazing stamp set to make some of the elements and colored the flower with sweet sunshine and the bird withtickled cheeks shimmer spray.
- Next assembled all my elements on a piece of chipboard and with a chain hung it to the center of the hoop.
Here are some close-ups:
So That’s all from my end today.I hope you like this easy to make MIXED MEDIA ALTERED HOOP.
Do leave some love and feedback below and I will be back soon for more inspirations!
Don’t forget to join in our craft challenges,(details at the beginning of the post!)
You can participate via mr.linky (at the end of the challenge post)or via facebook,Instagram and even via email.
(While sharing your creation post over the social media, ie
please use #Craftyscrappers challenge25 to qualify for submission,
failing to do so, the entry would be disqualified.)
Thanks for stopping by.