We are sure you will be too and we look forward to your participation!
The challenge for this month is “Sparkle It Up”– add glamour to your projects in any form, be it foil, glitter, or anything to sparkle it.
Make sure to read through the challenge guidelines here before linking your entry.
our DT Members have created some fabulous projects.
Lets have a look at them, one by one…
Altered Pot by DT Member
Today I have a quick inspiration for the current Craftyscrappers challenge.
I have made this lovely pot using my mixed media skills and Craftyscrappers products.
Let me share a picture of it before sharing the procedure and material.
- I took a simple pot and painted it with gesso all over.
- Once the gesso dried,I sprayed the pot with bitter lemon shimmer spray from Craftyscrappers and let it dry again.
- I have stamped some pots and succulents from Craftyscrappers stamp set
“I am stuck on you” with Black archival Ink.
- I have painted these using ranger enamel accents to uplift the coloring,some places I have also colored with archival inks as they are waterproof inks.
- Then I took some frosting powder and added little bitter lemon shimmer spray to it and mixed it well.
- On the top of the pot , I applied this colored frosting powder with the help of matt medium.Bottom I have added some inka gold effect.
Mixed Media Journal Page by DT Members
- We’ve used the “glitzy gold foil” as are main accent to add glamour to our page.
- We have used the shimmer sprays- Grape Juice and Sweet Pumpkin, shimmer paste- Cupcake, script stencil and some die cuts.
- Our title is from the ‘Happy’ Stamp Set.
We have a video tutorial for this page this month so watch out.
Itty Bitty Canvas by DT Member
I am here with the inspiration post for the ongoing challenge.
I have made this Itty Bitty canvas for this challenge.
- I took a 4″x4″ canvas. Applied Gesso all over the canvas.
- Sprayed the shimmer spray Sweet pumpkin and Grape juice and blended them.
- Let it dry. Added two layers of mesh and tied a twine around the canvas.
- Die-cut a doily and colored it with distress inks. Die-cut the Eiffel tower and layered it with Glitzy gold foil.
- Mounted it over the doily. Embellished it with flowers and leaves.
- Added microbeads at few places.
- Foam mounted the sentiment. Dry brushed gold metallic color over the open spaces on the canvas.
- Lastly sprinkled the entire canvas with Sparkling dust.
Shaker Card by DT Member
To inspire you with the challenge, I’ve created a shaker card.
- The background of the card is made using die cut negatives and shimmer sprays –
“Sweet sunshine” and “Egyptian Crystal“, a blend of both the sprays gave this beautiful green shade.
- The flower centers are made using shimmer paste “Salmon” and “Envy”.
- I used the French Script stencil with shimmer paste- Envy and Dreams on the acetate window of the shaker.
- Other supplies used are stamp set “U sparkle”,
Fun Foil Sizzling Silver (on black strip), washi tape and sticker pearls.
Die cut Card by DT Member
I’ve created a Die cut card.
- To make this card, I took A2 size white card stock and distress inked the background.
- Once satisfied, I sprayed some water with fine misti sprayer .
- Then I die cut the stitched layered stars die set, from madrasbazaar which I got from craftyscrappers in my DT KIT.
- on silver glitter sheet. Completed my card by adding die cut out sentiment and some sequins.
Watch out for more in the coming month and enter your creations below!
Do join us in our challenge!
Don’t forget, there is a maximum of 3 entries per person and it needs to be new work
(so created and posted after this challenge has started).
Have fun with our challenge for which the entries close on 31st October, 2017 and good luck!
(NOTE:If you don’t see
If you still have trouble adding your creations for the challenge,kindly drop your creation links/blog links/facebook page link/pictures at email@example.com and we will manually add them for you.
And if you want to participate via facebook, you may post your creations over our facebook group:
- Adding glamour to your projects in any form should be focus.
- Use of Craftyscrappers products is must to qualify for the challenge.
- Last date of submission is 31st Oct 2017.
- Please go through challenge guidelines here .
(Any entrants not following the rules/challenge guidelines, will be disqualified and will not be eligible for the challenge.)